A-Rocket Top 10 Moving Tips
August 3, 2011
- Make your reservation with A-Rocket Moving & Storage one to three weeks before your scheduled needs.
- Avoid mixing important items from different rooms in the same moving box.
- Use hanging wardrobe boxes to make closets easier to pack. Clothes in drawers can be folded and placed in suitcases.
- For large appliances, equipment and industrial goods, be sure to check the owner’s manuals to see if there are special instructions for disconnecting, packing and moving..
- Pack important and sentimental documents separately to be easily accessible including: children’s health records, passports, family records, insurance information and photo albums.
- Never use duct tape to seal moving boxes, use industrial strength packing tape.
- Clearly label all moving boxes on the top and side. We encourage clients to include the packing date on each box also.
- Unless you are making a commercial move, make a “survival closet” of things for the last cleanup before you move out – brooms, dust cloths, dust pans, mops, garbage bags, vacuums, etc.
- Always have keys, move-in dates and times ready at your new location. Make sure that security and/or staff is aware of your move-out and move-in dates.
- Always use A-Rocket Moving & Storage for your commercial and residential moves!